Monday, January 19, 2009

Introduction

Hello to anyone reading the meaningless ramblings of a borderline madman! I thought I would try this blogging deal, mainly from the inspiration of my brother Shawn, who I think has done such a nice job on his for the past few years.

Is the check in the mail yet, Shawn? LOL

I am also of the opinion that if there are five people in the world who give a shit what Battlin' Bob says, I have to be good for at least double that! (just teasing Bob, you're one of the funniest guys I've ever met! " Morning. Morning-A@# Hole!

Most of you whom are reading are likely familiar with me enough to know where my passsions lie- professional wrestling and baseball, particularly the Boston Red Sox. I have been involved in the professional wrestling business, as both a wrestler and as a promoter, albeit at the small level for the past 17 years. I have personally participating in nearly 1,000 matches, and have promoted or did the matchmaking for an additional 1,000. So now you know of my "expertise" (if there is such a thing)

I will likely write more about wrestling than anything else here, although once spring training kicks in, I will certainly have alot of thoughts on the upcoming season.

In regards to wrestling, I enjoy hearing the thoughts of anyone who can form an intelligent opinion based on what they personally have seen. I follow the current scene, but love the old days, when it was treated by its followers as a "sport", not "sports entertainment".

In closing, I would like to quote the late Ted Knight, from the book of CaddyShack, when I say, without fear of reprisal, that:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in;
And you got the stock market beat
But the man who's worthwhile, is the man who can smile-
When his shorts are too tight in the seat"

Thank you and good night!
SSS
**********************************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the blog.. If anyone can take a nothing day,and suddenly make it all seem worth while.It's you..Now throw that hat in the air damnit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mike;
    It's you girl, and you should know it!

    ReplyDelete